THE POWER OF 3D
TAKE YOUR CASE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Visido Imaging has been providing laser scanning and spatial reconstruction services since 2012. We assist lawyers and engineers across British Columbia with accident reconstruction, personal injury matters, insurance claims, and more.
Give us a call at for a free consultation, or to schedule a learning session at your office or firm to find out more.
WHAT IS 3D LASER SCANNING?
Details are important when documenting a scene, and accurate and precise information is essential to the development of your case. High speed, high accuracy three-dimensional laser scanners have redefined how scenes and objects are documented and preserved.
Our laser scanners capture data at an accuracy of +/- 5mm. The resulting data can be viewed as a photo-realistic three-dimensional digital model of the scanned site or object which can be preserved and accessed months or years later, long after the real world environment has changed.
Scan data can be delivered according to requested specifications, in a format ready for engineering software.
- Preserve ALL scene details for future analysis
- Full colour 360 degree virtual walkthroughs
- Comprehensive data for engineer analysis
- View scene from any perspective
- Evaluate line-of-sight issues
- Accurate data for reconstruction and animation
- Scan data can be used to evaluate the accuracy of measurements collected by engineers using other means
- Scan data can be referred to various experts for analysis
- Spatial analysis is performed independently of opinion analysis
- Scan data can be presented in court without expert opinion support
- Any evidence that comes up later can be evaluated with the scan data
RECONSTRUCT FROM PHOTOGRAPHS
Accident scene photographs and video footage can be digitally reconstructed with a high degree of accuracy: vehicle resting positions, skid marks, sight line obstructions and other relevant features seen in photos can be located and measured with precision to assist with analysis.
By introducing two-dimensional scene photographs into a three-dimensional computer environment, it is possible to locate and obtain precise measurements of any characteristics or features that are visible in photos but are no longer available at the scene (e.g. tire marks, road features, visibility obstructions).
- Simplify complex events and concepts
- Minimize errors in comprehension
- Improve juror information retention
- Maximize efficiency in the courtroom
Dynamic events are not easily visualized: the key phases of interest to the Court for many occurrences, such as accidents or processes, occur in a short period of time. In some circumstances the process is simply difficult for the non-expert to visualize. A computer animation recreates events and demonstrates concepts that tend to be difficult to grasp any other way.
Our visualizations are based on precise measurements, scene photos, physical data and more. We work closely with your team to ensure that what is being represented accurately and effectively communicates the key elements of your theory of the case.